Design our mascot “Motor Eyes” and win $1,000
In our industry, we get to work with some of the most creative and intelligent people in engineering and design.
With that in mind however, we’ve decided that it’s about time we get a new mascot to celebrate our new U.S. website, and the one soon to be launched for China.
If you’re a budding student artist, graphic designer, or cartoonist, we’re challenging you to design “Motor Eyes”, a valve actuator brought to life. In our industry if we fit an electric actuator to a valve we say it is ‘motorized’, so ‘Motor-Eyes’ is a play on that, but by adding ‘eyes’ offers the opportunity to bring it to life.
A few examples of our ‘plain’ actuators have been shown in the banner above. However, as you can probably see, they’re lacking personalities, limbs, eyes and everything else that gives something life!
Looking for inspiration? Our latest J3C-S actuator is a great starting point to give you a ‘body’ to work with, then you can venture to our butterfly valves and ball valves if you want to add an extra twist to your design.
For the competition, we’re going to enlist a selection of judges from design, art, and engineering fields to pick a winning design.
The competition will close at midnight on 30 May 2018 UTC.
- There must be a complete digital rendering of your created mascot.
- Submit your name, college, and area of study.
- Email entries to: [email protected]
The competition will end on midnight 30 May 2018 UTC.
The lucky winner will be announced by 15 June 2018.
Prize details and terms & conditions
- There will only be one winner of the competition.
- The winning design will be at the discretion of the competition judges and J+J Automation UK Ltd.
- Each entrant, by virtue of entering the competition and challenge, agrees to accept the decision of the panel and J+J Automation UK Ltd as final.
- The winner of the prize will receive $1,000 to help further their education and their future career.
- If a winner fails to accept the prize for any reason, J+J Automation UK Ltd will not award a make-good prize or provide replacements for a forfeited prize.
- Entrants must respond to the email address provided at time of selection to win.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no alternative shall be made available.
- J+J Automation UK Ltd is not responsible for any mechanical error, failure or omission, lost or misdirected mail, faxes or email, neglect on the part of a carrier service, or email service disruption.
- By entering the competition, you are granting J+J Automation UK Ltd sole, exclusive and perpetual license to reproduce your design on its website, future websites, and across future branding, communications, and marketing activities.